Thursday 20 February 2014

Just jump, bitch!


I just tell you now that I fell in love. And I couldn't help myself I just fell in love. 


Sometimes you just need to do what you want to do. Someone smart once said that you only regret what you haven't done, not what you actually did. I can admit to this statement most of the time, because I think people are willing to accept their mistakes if they made some. It is the ambition in every of us to be able to live with ourselves. 
Only the few who consider their own mistakes or failure or worthlessness to be unacceptable, choose to end their lives. The others succeed (more or less) in convincing themselves and others that nothing they did was "that bad".

And why not? Why should we all be suicidal, anxious and - on top of that lame? Life gives us so many opportunities to have fun, to forget the plans we made earlier, to discover new things and places, to meet new people and to do a lot of crazy stuff. After you did them, you never regret them. Rather, when you're currently doing them or when you're about to do them. Like bungee jumping. 

Noone ever smiles before they jump. They're all doubtful, scared and secretly asking themselves: WHY DID I WANTED TO DO THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE??? .
But when you finally overcome the insecurity, the questions, the thoughts of consequences (What if the rope will crack? :O), when you "just do it" (like a famous brand for sports wear likes to put it) - then you feel the happiness.


"YOLO"
Some stupid kid on the internet
You feel the freedom. Maybe the freedom of choice. Or maybe it's the feeling of success. Or the feeling of being a human who is capable of overcoming his own fears. The feeling of being alive.

Once I jumped off that bridge I got this exact feeling. After the 15 minutes (that felt like 2 hours) I spent there standing on the edge, on the balustrade, hesitating, when I finally jumped - I loved myself. I had courage. And courage feels good.

It's not "that" bridge in the sense of "it could be any bridge".
Nope, it was actually that bridge that you can see above.

I don't see the point in doing drugs, hurting people or being an asshole in the name of YOLO-ing, but I appreciate the thought behind it. We are to believe (unless you're buddhist) that we only live once. So we should make something out of it, goddammit!

Maybe that's why I've started to change my mind recently and try to  just do the things that I enjoy and that feel right. I have to cut people off who are boring, mean and waste my time, but I can let people in that are cool, fun and honest. 


#YOLOhipsterswag
"You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down "
- Ray Bradbury
That's why I try to follow my feelings more. And that's why I posted that link above. Currently, I have a heavy crush on a cute guy I met a week ago and I try just going for it. I try not to think to much about it, I try not to worry, not to make plans and fantasies of what could happen to avoid disappointments. I just try to live now and make the best out of it. I just try to avoid the thinking. 

And then I jump. 


No comments:

Post a Comment