Sunday 23 February 2014

Some words about courage

A few weeks ago I went to Starbucks and, you know, a lot of hipsters go there, too. So there was this pin board with a note on it.
It looked exactly like this. (maybe it's mass production - screw you hipsters!)
I wonder why I chose "courage".

Maybe, because I need it. Desperatly. I set up some goals. Not only for the new year that lies ahead of me, but also for the rest of the future that is yet to come.
Some of them seem to be ridiculously easy to achieve. Others are hard. And the worst of them seem impossible to me.

But somehow, I want to find the courage to do the things which are needed to achieve my goals. To become the person I want to be. And to satisfy myseld (not in that way, you with the dirty mind).
Because I'm dissatisfied right now.
I don't eat healthy. I have the worst skin I had in years. I'm working my ass off. I buy things I don't really need. I talk to people I don't really like. And if a friend was in this situation, I'd be like: "Just stop it!"
Just stop doing these things, if they don't make you happy. And if I would advice another person to stop doing sth. I might should stop it, too. Mission to accomplish: Level up!

After that guy approached me in the metro some weeks ago to flirt with me and get my number, I started to think about courage again. Because I thought I could never be this courageous. I already talked about it in a recent post about jumping off bridges: That courage feels good. (In German it's triple rhyme time: "Mut tut gut") 

If you had one shot, or one oppurtunity to seize everything you ever wanted. One moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip? 
- Eminem 

And furthermore, it makes me sad how many possibilities , how many chances we just miss by being "too shy" or "too polite". Or we just lack self-confidence and obey unspoken society rules like "people just don't...". It's sad, because afterwards it always feels like failure. Because it is, somehow. You missed something, by not even trying. 

So, maybe the next time I see a cute boy who wears a t-shirt of my favourite band, I might take the tiny piece of paper out of my pocket. Take a short look on the little word written on it that starts with a "c".
And just say "Hi".

Hi



No comments:

Post a Comment