Wednesday 24 September 2014

Precious Little Life

Vol. 1 of the "Scott Pilgrim" Series -
media.npr.org/
My friend lended me his copy of the first comic book I ever read. "Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life". I have to confess I watched the movie before, like two years ago. But I liked it. And the comic was awesome - read it (and you, thanks again for letting me borrow it). It was weird, funny and lovely. 

But it's not about Scott Pilgrim or about the world (badum tss), it's the title of the book that struck me. Precious Little Life. First of all, the fact that the author put "little" in it, like he wanted to state: "life's not a big thing, you shouldn't take it so seriously". And further, because he described it as "precious". Not as "special" or "unique" or "awesome" or whatever. He chose precious. I loved that choice because I think that's what it's all about. 

Seeing life as something you should appreciate. 
I don't want to go on and on about YOLO-ing (did that already) or loving the little things in life (move on and read tumblr-blogs if you're into that kind of stuff). It just came to my mind like that and that's all you'll get.

What I like about my own little life, right now, is the fact that I've found a room (FINALLY, YEAH!) and I will move to Freiburg in two weeks and I'm so excited (and I just can't hide it). 
And I've got a trip planned. Not that road trip I wanted so badly with sea and a car and everything... But a little sleep-over-in-a-tent-bike-trip. I hope the weather will not mess with us. And moreover, I want the road trip to happen nontheless (worst case: In spring). I'm going to visit Lea, too, who I met in Paris and we will have a blast (Bermuda-Dreieck reunited! :) )

Autumn is coming and I remember Paris walks and the last sunny days and I put on my headphones with that mixtape carrying the same name and enjoy my precious little life.


No comments:

Post a Comment