Sunday 10 November 2013

About Life



"Don't dream your life - Live your dream"

"I am soooo unique"

"Live every day like it was your last one"
"A day without a smile is a lost day"



My ordinary reaction when I see "random inspirational shit" like that, that's how I call it is: "Shut up" and then maybe "Go fuck yourself!". And this always happens, when I have to face shit like that on facebook, instagram, (unfortunately nowadays often on) 9gag or even, in the worst case, in "real life" or in a book.

But yesterday, I realized (shame on me) that they are true. 

Even if it sounds silly, I realized that life is a gift. 
Not a burden, only consisting of problems, worries, lies, sorrow, anger and grief.
But a gift. And the problems that go with that gift , can be seen as exercises to be mastered or as experiences to become smarter.

I know, it's not easy to believe in things like that. And it's even harder to live life like that.
And I don't even think, I get to make it.
However, I'm always going to be angry and sad - I can't help myself doing that. Those are, I guess, the indispensable "side effects" of life. But:
I won't give in.

In the end, I want to be able to say:


"I made something good out of this shit, or well - at least a good story"


That often works out well (see: the whole story of my life up to this point)

People who are familiar with  the world of my mind can probably suspect which medium brought me to this creative "night thoughts"-stream... (for beginners: It was a movie.)

The best "rom-com" in a while: "Il était temps", or originally in English "About Time".
A film to laugh and cry.

A film that points out: It doesn't matter how often you can repeat something or correct it; you only live once (I just used YOLO without joking, how did I end up like this?) . And that you have to savor life as much as possible. 
A film that gives you a positive attitude and a new view on "the essential" of life.

By my defintion, it is (at least for now): "being happy".

About Time. About Life.



No comments:

Post a Comment